If you love to travel, make new friends and want to make a positive impact on the local community while helping us protect Bintan's natural environment all at the same time. Then gather your friends and family and head down to Bintan Lagoon Resort, and join us in replanting 10,000 seedlings on 23 June and 30 June 2018, for the Mass Bintan Mangrove Replanting at Sungai Sebong.
This unique green initiative is organised by Bintan Resorts International and PT Bintan Resort Cakrawala. It is estimated that a total of 250 hectares of land in northern Bintan need to be planted with mangroves. With this replanting programme, it is hoped that environmental awareness will be instilled among tourists and local population and encourage locals to take pride and care of their surroundings.
There are about 70 mangrove species in the world today, some of which are critically endangered. With the continuing threat from the rise in sea levels and coastal developments, mangroves may vanish totally in 100 years. Bintan is home to four different mangrove species, and here are the reasons why mangroves so important for our environment:
- Mangroves play a crucial role in preventing soil erosion
- They are home to a large ecosystem made up of fish, shellfish, birds, snakes and many other land and sea creatures
- They maintain water quality by trapping pollutants from land
- Bintan Mangrove Discovery Tour
- 10 seedlings for replanting
- Seafood lunch
- Land transfers
- Bottled water
- Goodie bag
09:30 Pick up from Bintan Lagoon Resort or from Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal
10:00 Mass Bintan Mangrove Replanting Activity
12:00 Seafood Lunch at Mangrove Kelong Seafood Restaurant
13:00 Bintan Mangrove Discovery Tour
14:30 Return transfer to Bintan Lagoon Resort or to the ferry terminal
Terms & Conditions
• Ferry ticket and room booking cost are not included in above package. Please make a separate booking for the same by filling the form below.
• Please confirm program schedule and time slot prior to booking.
• Bintan Resort Tours and Bintan Lagoon Resort Management reserve the right to amend the package and/or terms and conditions without prior notice.
If you are excited to be part of the action sign up now by filling in the promotion enquiry form below or contacting us at email@example.com or +65 6223 3223 / +62 770 691 388.